Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Mar 2006 23:12:54 -0500
From:         robert shawn feller <feller@CARBONCOW.COM>
Subject:      yet another fridge question (ok you experts)...

I'm curious who has done "the flip" on the bench and brought their fridge back to life.

No working unit (12 or 110) no chance to test gas yet as the tank is off the vehicle getting restored. I have now determined I have both good 12v and 110v heating elements (proper ohms according to Dometic trouble shooting manual) and the thermostat and selector switch test out fine too. All electrical seems to work while on my bench.

I flipped the unit for about 4 hours yesterday and then plugged her in at 110v all night. By morning nothing had changed.

Facts:

1. you can hear fluid in the pipes when you flip 2. hot at boiler 3. not hot at absorber 4. Therefore Dometic troubleshooter states this is the BLOCKAGE state and nothing can be done to fix accept replace unit due to NO CIRCUATION

Who has had similar symptoms and brought theirs back from the dead by flipping it over for a night, two nights, week?

>From what I have read the blockage can become hard (from anti corrosive chemicals solidifying) but I've read others including a HVAC friend state it just gets gelatinous and flipping should help.

If I cannot get this to go this week it's getting tossed and I'll find a NORCOLD or such to replace. I hate to not get something at tight looking as most units on the market seem to require to much depth to fit correctly.

Shawn Ohio