Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:00:04 -0800
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Isolator vs Seperator (mechanical relay) was Re: Sure Power
              1315 battery separator
Comments: To: TC <trclark@SHAW.CA>

I'm sorry, but it is clear that you have no idea what you are writing about. The 2 batteries are connected in parallel when a relay or separator is used. The alternator charging current to the aux battery in no way passes through the primary battery. No matter how discharged, the aux battery will not draw more charging current than the alternator can supply, and none of it need go through the primary battery first. In addition the 1315 separator senses the voltage on both batteries and if the aux battery is pulling more current than the charging system can supply and still keep the voltage correct on the primary battery, it will disconnect the aux battery from the charging system.

Mark