Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:02:41 -0500
From:         robert shawn feller <feller@CARBONCOW.COM>
Subject:      Re: Syncro Doka on eBay - VIN?
Comments: To: Jeffrey Schwaia <jeff@VANAGONPARTS.COM>

Yea if it was totaled maybe when was the last time you saw a cop check the VIN on a frame!?!? If the BMV/DMV does check...who does?

A cool ride... yes. But God help you if you ever get into an accident. The police will run that VIN and quickly discover that your cool ride is not what it seems to be.

"Hmmm... Sir, did you know that the VIN on your dash belongs to a different vehicle and does not match the one stamped in the frame? Could you please wait in the back of my cruiser while we figure this out?"

And then there's that call from your insurance company: "Mr. Smith, we ran that VIN and it appears that this vehicle was never legally imported into the USA. I'm sorry, but your insurance policy is invalid."

That cool ride can quickly turn into the vehicle from hell that pretty much ruined your life.

Happy bidding.

Jeff

"a sucker born every minute"...I don't think that is a fair statement.

It may go for far cheaper then the "real thing" to those who are not obsessed about it being stock. If the VIN can pass the state (and I'm sure any state will at this point) then someone may have a cool ride for less then the real thing! I'm sure the doner VIN is in the bottom of a lake...

Shawn