Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:10:32 -0800
From:         peter shaw <mindthegap012000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Tail lights and brake lights

Hello Volks,

Seems I have some problems with the tail lights and brake lights on my 87.

Not having a working model I am not sure what is supposed to go on when except that the housing around the outer most red, below the blinker is melted so I think that the light is brighter than it should have been, leading me to believe that this is not supposed to be on all the time.

With the headlights on the side rear lights are on and so are these lower red lights, the ones that are melted.

There are 4 light bulbs, one for the back up and one for the blinkers. But, there is another hole for a light bulb that would light up a red lense below the reverse light but there is no positive prong (for lack of the proper name) that would touch the bottom of the bulb.

Are the driving lights the single bulb to the inside, closest to the license plate? Brake lights the outer most lense below the turn indicators? what is the one below the back up light for?

Ok, now assuming that somehow I have the brake lights and the side rear lights going on when I turn on the headlights and when I hit the brakes the inner most light go on, they are reversed?

Simple fix, just cut and splice the wires? or should I be looking for something else?

cheers

peter

--------------------------------- Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.