Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:40:48 -0500
From:         Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: "carat" FS on ebay PROFANITY WARNING

I corresponded back and forth with the seller for a bit and he insists that he is the original owner, that it is in fact a Carat and even asked if maybe it were a "One off" production. He said the Carat badge fell off a while back and that he was trying to get another one. Uh huh.

I would say he has been inundated with messages that he doesn't have a Carat.

Mike

Bruce Nadig wrote: > Chris, > > You may have misunderstood my post on the subject of the misleading Vanagon > auction on eBay. > > I don't claim to have the answers here, but I think that you are > probably on > the right track with trying to get the seller to correct his "errors" > (misrepresentation). I think that "we" as knowledgeable individuals have > some sort of responsibility to keeping the novice buyer out of trouble, > especially if we know that the seller trying to perpetuate a fraud. I > certainly know that if I were a prospective buyer I would wish that someone > more knowledgeable would do the right thing and help me out. > > Without question, I absolutely feel that it is completely appropriate for > this list to discuss this intentional misrepresentation openly and > publicly. > > Once again, just my 2¢. > > Cheers, > Bruce > motorbruce@hotmail.com > > > >> From: JordanVw@AOL.COM >> Reply-To: JordanVw@AOL.COM >> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >> Subject: Re: "carat" FS on ebay PROFANITY WARNING >> Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:59:22 EST >> >> In a message dated 3/25/06 4:15:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, >> Number9Trvlr@AOL.COM writes: >> >> >> > Are we "butting in to someone else's business?" >> > >> >> i agree and see your point.. i am sorry i inquired about the error, and >> doubly sorry i posted it to the list.. wasnt my right to do so, and >> wasnt >> fair >> to the seller, the polite and curteous gentleman he was (*rolls eyes*), >> even >> though his ad was erroneous.. >> >> its none of my business what anyone else sells. people have to just be >> smart >> about what they are buying, weather it be a vehicle with swapped VINS or >> anything else.. >> let the people who are uninformed fall prey to their own mistakes.. >> because its their own fault for being uninformed.. right? eh? that's >> what >> this >> list is for.. i guess.. or something like that.. LOL >> >> who cares.. life is short.. have fun, smile and be happy :<) >> >> chris > >