Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Mar 2006 00:16:04 -0600
From:         Keith Walker <vze3sngp@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Tstat and other components

I really can't fault Chris for NOT conducting a controlled experiment, where he changes out one component, then performs an evaluation test (how many miles should that last?). I would want to fix the temperature issue as fast as possible also.

If I remember correctly, Chris changed out numerous components, and didn't you change out the radiator? I find it interesting that a couple of the listees conveniently forgot about the rad change and other components, and then latched onto the fact that the tstat was changed out for a 70 degree unit, ergo a 'cheap' fix.

Let's not cast first stone shall we? And lets give credit where credit is due.

IMO, the radiator,and tstat are the biggest suspects in poor cooling efficiency, both prone to clogging, and the they were switched out.

I wonder if a regular tstat is substituted whether the high temp indication will return, I doubt it.

Keith Walker

===================== Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 23:36:52 EST From: JordanVw@AOL.COM In a message dated 3/25/06 9:37:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET writes:

> Chris, > You posted a problem and what you tried as a solution, sort of asking a > question and now you are grumping that you don't like our answers. > >

Dennis, i do appreciate your answers...you and Mark Drillock and everyone else who has added their input (i wish i could list you all) i value your opinions highly..i didnt have a IR heat gun to check temps.. so if i put a stock t-stat in there and it still reads 3/4 then what next? im not going to bend the needle in the gauge.. does the gauge sender in the t-stant housing usually go bad?

chris