Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:39:35 EST
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: [vanagon] nice clean RED '88 Doublecab on ebay...in Virginia
Comments: To: syncro@gmail.com, vanagon@yahoogroups.com

In a message dated 3/26/06 5:15:24 AM Eastern Standard Time, syncro@gmail.com writes:

> "The difference between this truck and any other though is this: the > rarified DOMESTIC version. That is, these were primarily imported and > estimates range from 40-70 trucks TOTAL in the USA. " > ** > To the best of my knowledge, VW did not officially import any Dokas for US > consumption. But then, who nows? Let's look at this guy's auction for a > second. He provides a link to a Carfax document. If you read through to the > Full History section, you wil find that it was first registered in CANADA in > 03/30/98. Gee, if it was "the rarified DOMESTIC version." where was it > hiding for 10 years? Even if it was in Canada, then it's not domestic to the > US. I could go on and on and pick the thing down to the details down to the > bare bones. > >

hey, i just posted it because it was a nice clean truck in my fav color.. :<) nothing to gain or lose for me. :<) anyone who has been on this list longer than a day, in light of all the recent discussions on this subject, will know that these were never officially sold in the USA, and it was originally a canadian model. it was late, it looked nice, and so i posted it up for everyones perusal ..i figured you or someone else would pick thru all the inconsistencies (sp?) in the ad so i didnt do it myself :<) i just post it up and let y'all go at it like a pack of hungry wolves on a side of beef..

and i was right :<) be sure to pick that red meat out of your teeth when your done :<)

still its a clean looking truck and much better looking than mine.. red, red.. sexy color :<)

chris