Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:37:23 -0600
From:         "Steve@EuroCampers.com" <Steve@EUROCAMPERS.COM>
Subject:      Re: screens for side windows in westy
Comments: To: ray <ray@zenfoo.com>

on 3/28/06 12:55 AM, ray at ray@ZENFOO.COM wrote:

> I have a 91 Multivan - like a full camper without the appliances. > And I just ordered and recieved a replacement screen for the drivers side > sliding window from EuroCampers.com. And instead of being an actual > replacement for the original screen it's a *temporary* screen that sits in > the same track as the window. i.e. you can't close the window when the > screen is in. > > Ahhh!!!! > Truly a misleading website. So now it's in the return mail... > > Does anyone know where I can acquire actual, OEM type replacement screens? > > thanks, > Ray

Hi Ray,

You need to have the original Westy windows to use the Westy screens.

Your window latch will be in the way and you will not be able to close the window. One solution I've seen to solve this problem is to screw a screen to the frame on the outside of the van. I think some of the American camper conversions came this way. It works well but looks lousy.

Another solution is our soft screen kits that you install inside with velcro and snaps. These will work with any Vanagon window and you can leave them in place: http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4757890

We are working on Westy replacement screens that made from aluminum, and can be left in place only on the Westfalia windows. I think these will be ready in about a month. We are working on some slight revisions after testing them in several different year Westfalia campers.

We just recently uploaded a brand new website, and I think we could add some better descriptions to our aluminum screen page to eliminate confusion. http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4757892

-- Steve Lashley SKL Enterprises Inc. http://EuroCampers.com PO Box 339 1661 Veterans Dr Ste C DeSoto MO 63020 636-337-7700 voice 636-586-7077 fax 888-797-5994 - phone orders