Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:39:41 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: auto trans swap
Comments: To: dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM>

No reason or benifit to remove the engine to replace the trans. Almost all the hoses and wires reman connected. Use a support bar over the top of the engine compartment to support the front of the engine while the trans is out. Replace that hose from the t-stat bleeder to the coolant loop with a longer one so it can stay connected when the front of the engine is lowered. The rear mounts will flex enough to lower the engine the 2-3 inches needed for the trans to drop out.

Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM> Date: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:26 am Subject: auto trans swap