Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:57:02 -0800
From:         Uncle Beer <unclebeer@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      New Member Introduction and "Decent Proposal"

Hello my name is William and I am a Westyholic.

I have been one for many years, but I did something about it in April of 2004 when I bought my 1990 Westy.

Now that we are all acquainted I wanted to put a question out to the group, specifically members who are in the LA (possibly the OC) area. I do not have a background with vehicles, I grew up on a farm in South Dakota and I have a degree in Plastics Engineering (I can tell you all about the plastic inside the vehicle and the engines), so I understand concepts and I am good with tools but I do not have access to many tools and I do not know my way around engines. But I am looking to learn, now I am not looking at rebuilding my engine any time soon but I do want to find mentor that can "SHOW" me how to do things not just be told. I read posts on the site all the time and they are very well described but I am very visual and when I do not have an image in my head about something it does not compute very well.

So long story short I am looking to find someone in the LA area who can actually point and show me what things are. I would hope to develop a mentorship/friendship out of it, but for starters to spice the deal up, I brew my own beer and would be willing to exchange time in the shop and access to tools (maybe a couple of hours every month on a sat or sun or any day for that matter) for some home brewed beer.

I know everyone's time is very valuable, but I would even be willing to lend a hand on one of your van projects to see how things are done and get some more experience. I learn best by doing.

Thanks for your time, by the way I live in the North Hollywood area.

William

(aka Uncle Beer)

www.unclebeer.com <http://www.unclebeer.com/>

I am working on this site I have some pics up of my van currently, but more to come.

1990 Westfalia "name still pending"