Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:54:20 -0500
From:         Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cutting the roof off!!! Wanna help?

My parts van still has enough parts in it to put it on the road. I imagine removeing the top too. From the front seats back, and making a pick up truck out of it.I would weld the rear hatch to the area just behind the front seats(that got cut away). This way, it will look stock(ha ha ),covering the gaping hole.I would weld or braze the sliding door shut. I would remove the top, just below the windows,all the way around. The tail gate would be made from a second rear hatch with the window area cut off. I think I can even put real hinges on this for a bonified tailgate. The tail gate would close with those latches like the old 70's jap pickups had.The area ,where the cut was made will need some kind of trim to hide the ruff cut area. Once again, maybe the side tie downs rails from a 70's jap pick up truck(like I once had. loved those tie downs).The floor would be wood, with rhino covering sprayed on.I could put hinged doors for under floor storage area.Problem is ,I cant get a clear title for this masterpiece,so it is just parts.Oh well,hope your project goes well.I have seen ,several times, a vanagon that was made from two front ends welded together. 25 ft long,it was.I think the creator is a list member.