Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:05:36 -0400
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US>
Subject:      Re: easy mod...ADJUSTABLE intermittent wiper!!! read!!

I found the package of the aftermarket relay I bought. It is a bosch part # 0 986 335 058. The package shows that it will work in a bunch of cars, which makes me think that they all have a similar (probably bosch) fuse/relay panel. And it makes me wonder if you might find a desirable relay in any of these other cars. The part I bought has little English on the package. Here's a list of the cars and years it says it will work on. The year is the earliest month and year it will work on. Some have no year listed.

Audi: 80 8/75 90 10/84 100 8/76 200 8/79 coupe 8/80 quattro

Peugeot: 205 309

VW: Polo 8/76 derby 2/77 golf 8/77 jetta 8/79 scirocco 8/75 passsat 8/75 santana 9/81 corrado

Citroen: BX CX 7/85

Opel Corsa 3/83 Kadett D 8/79 Kadett E 10/84 Ascona C 9/81 Vectra Omega Senator B Calibra

Saab: 900 10/78 9000 5/85

Porsche: 928 944 2/85 944s 944 Turbo

Volvo: 340 360 440 480

So, there you go. Start digging in those cars and testing those wiper relays!

Edward

At 07:55 PM 4/3/2006, you wrote: >Shooting from the hip from memory here, but I think the "99" programmable >relay showed up in all kinds of VW/Audi vehicles from mid 80's up to maybe >2000? Later? I think some models used a different part? Not sure where the >Eurovan fits in. If it looks like a relay and has 99 on it, It'll work. > > >-- > >John Bange >'90 Vanagon - "Geldsauger"