Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Apr 2006 11:12:29 -0500
From:         AAG - Larry Word <word_aag@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      1985 Vanagon - no start ?

My vanagon will not start. No current to starter solenoid (small terminal) which ign. switch turns on (or ever!). *If I jump current from main 12V post (off starter/from battery) to this small solenoid connector, relay engages, starter starts, and engine will crank.

I just replaced the ign. switch (electrical) last night with no change. What else is there to check?

I did notice these changes in my ign. switch parts: Original - 4 main male connectors and two smaller male connectors: "P" and "S".... New - 4 main male connectors but no "P" or "S"...... What does "P" stand for (park?). What does "S" stand for (solenoid/starter?)

Pls. help me get my Vanagon back on the road w/o going to the $ mechanic.....

Thanks

Larry Georgia....