Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:37:16 -0700
From:         Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Porsche Engine Install Pictures! Finally

Howdy Folks,

Sorry it has taken me so long, years literally, to post these pictures. I finally have an album of pictures available for your viewing. I have 130+ photographs of my Vanagon and the process of installing a Porsche Carrera 3.2 liter engine and G50 transmission.

I'm still working on the captions and the organization of all of the pictures, but at this point the album is viewable and makes some sense. There are a few pictures I will be removing, and I will be adding pictures over the next few weeks. I will be adding pictures of suspension upgrades, dyno runs, and more.

Please feel free to take a look and let me know what you think. You can respond on the list or by signing my guest book at the end of the album.

Here is the link:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2107696986

O.K. I'll now give an answer to the question that I already know will be asked most often:

I'm not really sure how much the whole thing cost. I was keeping very close track, but when the numbers started getting really big I couldn't stomach it any more. I just kept writing checks and smiling. I'm better off not knowing the final total.

Here is a brief summary of a few of the costs involved. This is in no way a comprehensive list! There are many, many more expenses associated with this project. Do not attempt such an installation unless you have the financial resources to complete it. Of course, you will need great intestinal fortitude to take on such a project.

Finally, I'm new to this picture hosting site. I have no clue what the band width is. I have no idea if they will cut me off if there are too many visits. Please let me know if you have problems accessing this album.

Cheers, Bruce motorbruce motorbruce@hotmail.com