Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Apr 2006 16:21:00 -0700
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [T2] Distributor for electronic ignition
Comments: To: Mike Jeffrey <oldbus@gmail.com>
Comments: cc: type2@type2.com

Mike -

See if the FLAPS carries or can get Crown Rebuilt # 30 0920E. Going price is around $150 Exchange plus about $20 Core if you don't have an exchange.

You never indicated why you need one. Is yours shot, missing or ????

Maybe Karl on KVS day (today) might have an extra one sitting around in his stash? -- Jim Thompson 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 73 K Ghia Coupe "Denise" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com ********************************** On 4/6/06, Mike Jeffrey <oldbus@gmail.com> wrote: > > Excellent response - thanks so much Jim! I should have included the info > in my initial email, that this is a 1983 California... so it appears that I > did indeed buy the wrong distributor. > So from your pages, I need to find either of: > VW 039-905-205C or Bosch 0237 022 009 > Does anyone on the list have any tips on where to find one? Googling the part numbers doesn't bring up much info... I'll be selling the (unused) distributor that I bought from CB Performance once I get it back from the mechanic. If anyone is interested in saving a couple of bucks on one, let me know.

Cheers!