Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Apr 2006 15:51:37 -0400
From:         robert shawn feller <feller@CARBONCOW.COM>
Subject:      Re: window seal needs
Comments: To: BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com>

Ben,

Thanks for the info. I panicked and bought the front windshield from gowesty.com ($80!) to get the van home next week. will need it to get the vehicle home from the bodyshop! (my ski goggles didn't sound like a great idea) but I still need the rest.

I'll try vanagonparts.com

Shawn Ohio

_____

From: BenT Syncro [mailto:syncro@gmail.com] Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 3:14 PM To: robert shawn feller Subject: Re: window seal needs

Shawn,

I can get the front windshield seal locally for $47. These are original FEBI seal from Germany w/o the chrome groove. My pats guy is vacationing in mexico but I can sell you one of my spares if you are in a hurry. I arranged a group buy of these things before for even less money. But right now I don't feel like mailing out dozens of these at one time. One at a time I can handle. Shipping is probably about $8 if I can get them to fit inside a Priority Mail box.

You can also try Jeff at www.vanagonparts.com. I know he has very good wholesale prices. His retail prices shouldn't be too bad either. I'll be dropping by his shop this weekend since I bought a third home in the same city his shop is in. Don't spread it around but it's my understanding that GoWesty orders some of their window seals from him.

I have no interest financial or otherwise in any of these enterprises. I just happen to buy parts from them.

Ben

On 4/7/06, robert shawn feller <feller@carboncow.com> wrote: Does anyone have a good source for the entire set of window seal needs for my westy restore project?

Busdepot.com is back ordered 3 out of 6 of the seals I need with no sure restock date and gowesty.com wants TWICE the price that busdepot.com wanted.

Where did you buy yours?

Shawn Ohio

-- BenT