Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Feb 2016 11:30:43 -0800
From:         Neil2 <vidublu@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Power Door Lock Actuators, Attributes

Can the electric door lock actuators be disconnected locally and locking be performed manually? Would someone inform me of the attributes of failing actuators? Assumption: Working correctly, any one manually operated, un/locks the others electrically.

Observations:

My DS actuator seems to have recently become a slave to the PS actuator. To unlock the hatch I've always had to lock the cockpit doors first. It's as if the hatch will lock but not unlock electrically. The DS or PS worked last year as I assume (above) but now when I pull the DS knob up the PS immediately forces it to lock again. The slider will lock electrically only if the cockpit doors are locked before I shut it. I think it also unlocks in response to the cockpit actuators.

I'd rather not R&R all of them but simply by deduction and your experience R&R the one/s that are failing. Please/thanks!

-- Neil2 '82 Diesel Westfalia (Ducky) '86 Vanagon/Westfalia Wannabe (SaVannah) '08 170" 2500 Mega Roof Dodge Sprinter (Moby) '90 Westfalia Subagon Fulltiming since August 2008 Nunquam Pendite Divendium