Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Apr 2006 07:29:04 -0700
From:         Clint Kolda <clint_kolda@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Subject: fuel line replacement

I just replaced my lines this weekend using the same instructions. The original “cuffs” were a very solid connection. Pictures I see of new injectors all have the same compression fitting. I removed the compression cuffs and replaced them with FI clamps, but I am now questioning if that was the right thing to do. The double ridge step on the injector does not appear to be designed for a standard clamp as it is for the compression fitting. Has anyone ever had any long term problems doing this?

On the other hand, having every hose, fitting, clamp and widget replaced from the filler neck to the injector seals gives me good peace of mind!