Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:34:45 -0700
From:         honemastert <honemastert@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: GoWesty Engine - Follow-up
Comments: To: Jonathan Farrugia <jfarrugi@umich.edu>

On 4/10/06, Jonathan Farrugia <jfarrugi@umich.edu> wrote:

> if you are on the yahoo spare list you can look much of this up in the > archives. the discussion started on list and lucas jumped in when i > relayed my experience. then when i started posting pictures to support my > claims he would respond off list then, send personal emails back to the > list i think speaks to his general character but that is my personal > opinion.

Jon,

cc'ing personal emails back to the list and or a public forum is an extreme violation of what I'd call 'netettiqute' (sp?) I'm bummed to hear about this. Second of all I had "3" count em... "3" of those screws fracture on me, and my engine was built in the spring of 2004.

So, unless they had sourced a new vendor, or went to a different rocker arm config or something, they knew about this stuff, not cool.. Now maybe they had worked all this out, and not had any issues with their 'new' screws.. then the comment is valid (but that might be a stretch?) I'm purely speculating here and I dont really want to go any further on that.

I'm not going to dive in the middle of this one, it's not my issue to sort out at this point, I can only comment on how I was treated as a paying customer, and my experiences with them to date.

Now I suppose it depends upon how you ask for something as to whether you get it or not. They did the install in my van, so maybe they feel a bit more 'ownership' but that part of the engine has nothing to do with the 'installer' (from that aspect)

dunno.. sorry to hear that you/your customer had a bad experience with them.

-tim