Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Apr 2006 08:14:20 -0700
From:         monte merrick <montemerrick@SPEAKEASY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Friday: Tales of the sale
Comments: To: Julia Schrenkler <juliaschrenkler@GMAIL.COM>

wasn't a vanagon, and it wasn't that long ago that i stood outside my building and watched some young kid drive off in my toyota truck (81 long bed sr5 - 22 r 5 speed) my buddy, my mobile office - in 2003 my little truck and i drove seattle to los angeles 8 times and my buddy got me in and out death valley 5 times - twice in summer when it was just me and the european tourists.

now i've recently acquired my vanagon (84 GL) and even though its been pretty expensive so far getting her back into true road worthiness - already ive promised her and my equally smitten partner and myself that never again will i sell a buddy. (of course one of the reasons i sold my toyota was the new lovely partner - the van makes a lot more sense road tripping for two!)

still miss that truck

and still miss the 78 bug convertible and the 69 bug with the leaky sunroof (in those days it was cold new jersey rain that leaked in) and the two 66 mustangs and the 72 suburban and the 85 toyota xtra cab(stolen and totaled)

and and and