Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:15:02 EDT
From:         Charles Laich <CATNCHZ@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: (update):was- engine quits, oilsprayed, smoke etc.

Thanks to all who replied to my problem!! You folks are the best!

After reading your replies i decided to let a local repair place have a go with it.....sometimes you gotta know when to fold'm. I always attempt to repair myself when the options are right but this seems like a time to have brighter/experienced minds get to work. I'll post an update as they come in.

On a positive note, within minutes of pulling off the road last night, a red/burgandy westy pulled off the road in front of me. The driver jumped out and ran back to me. To my surprise the road warrior who stopped was Todd Olsen, one of the leaders of the Buses By the Beach crew from western Michigan. I can't tell you how good it felt to have a friend there with me in my time of need. Thanks Todd for be'n the man you are! We're hope'n "wendy" is all fixed in time to attend the May BBTB campout in Grand Rapids this May 19-21 in support of the Phoenix Society Burn Survivors a cause that Todd and our group loves to support every year. I believe over $10,000 was raised by BBTB events last year and we are always trying to up the amount. A very worthy cause indeed!

_Click here: http://www.busesbythebeach.com/movie1.swf_ (http://www.busesbythebeach.com/movie1.swf) check out their website.

If you are in the area I highly recommend this event. Last year we had over 50 vans attend and won the coveted "most attended club" award...even beating out the mustang club! Got to give the crew their props!

Thanks to this site and all who try to make our vanagon experience a better one.

Charlie and Cathy Laich '89 Westy GL "Wendy"