Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:19:03 -0700
From:         Zoltan <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: Gas price war
Comments: To: David Bohannan <fjazzbass@GMAIL.COM>

Yes, I have seen this kind of gas pumping. And that was worse. I was working at a plant in South Africa for a few years where they were making gas out of coal. Interesting process. The coal mine was under the plant. Anyway, on the other end of the plant was the final product coming out. All kind of brand name tanker trucks were lining up to get filled. And as a rule, at all gas stations they had to have a pump with the logo of this company who made the gas, Sasol. That pump was always cheaper. So, you rolled up to a BP and got a Sasol gas from the Sasol pump cheaper. The BP pumps were about ten percent more. But the public did not know all this. Zoltan ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Bohannan" <fjazzbass@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:27 AM Subject: Re: Gas price war

This is by no means definitive, but...

My Dad was down at Port Everglades one time and was watching them transfer fuel from the ships to the trucks (not sure the mechanics behind this) but he noticed that all the vendors were pulling from the same supply so he went and asked someone there...

In any case the answer back is that they all got filled up by the same supply- at least there they did- and at that time they did- Not sure how some of the companies get their "additives" in the fuel, but it seemed like the bulk of the fuel all came from the same supply...

My vote is to be prudent and conserve in general. Drive slower, keep you vehicle clean so there will be less drag (on a vanagon, ha!) and keep things working in proper order...

Just my thoughts...and anecdote...

Dave

On 4/19/06, Brian Honan <cartruckbus@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hi Volks, > > Perhaps this has been run through the list before or several times but > here goes. > > I just got an E mail proposing we start a Gas price war > by boycotting Mobil Exon, and only purchasing from smaller gas companies. > If > the trend realy took off viea E mail chain letters, like 300 thousand > drivers boycotting Exon Mobil, would that force them to lower the prices ? > Or is there only a few refineries that are making billions off of us and > the > only thing to do is drive less ? > > > Brian > > 87 Vanagon, soon to be on the road if I can aford gas for it. >

-- Dave - KC9FYM http://fjazzbass.blogspot.com

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.4.4/318 - Release Date: 2006.04.18.