Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:41:55 -0500
From:         Joel Walker <jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: EveryBus 2006

> >I know its only Tuesday, but I think the Honda Element is the > >closest >>current version of a practical/utilitarian vehicle that VW >>originally >>marketed but since has forgotten about. > > Click and Clack said the Element is the spiritual successor to the > Vanagon.

well ... in my humble opinion, having owned and driven both vehicles for some time, Click and Clack don't know their successors from a hole in the ground!! just another bit of evidence that they don't know Jack about Vanagons!

the element is a tiny little thing INside, max payload (in the owners book) is 675lbs. yes,that's correct. not even 700 lbs. they claim you can sleep inside. we'll see. i KNOW you can sleep comfortably inside even a GL or Kombi vanagon. plenty of room for stretching out and piling all your stuff around on the floor. i'm still trying to figure where i'll put the stuff when i flatten the seats in the element.

so i don't think they are anywhere even close, either in successor-ship or spiritual nature. they are about as closely related as a turtle (the vanagon) and a salamander (the element). yes, they have four legs each. yes, they have two eyes each. yes, they have a head at one end and a tail at the other end. yes, they are both amphibeans. and that's about it.

unca joel 91 carat 91 gl 05 element 98 ryobi weedeater :) hey, it's friday fer me!!! ;)