Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Apr 2006 22:07:27 -0700
From:         Julianna Thoennes <mumbrue@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Update-location change for Building a Stretch party!
Comments: To: WetWesties <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          GoodOleVolksWest@yahoogroups.com

Hi all!

The location for the stretching has changed to my brothers house in Albany, OR. His driveway is concrete and level, much better than my gravel driveway!

This will be the cutting and welding stage of the game. We will be starting around 10:00am on Saturday, and working into the evening. We will continue on Sunday, probably starting around the same time. The weather forcast says it will be Mostly Sunny on Saturday, and Partly Cloudy on Sunday. I do have a 10x20 canopy, just in case it does decide to rain. You never know here in Oregon! :D

The address is: 710 Fir Street NE Albany, OR 97321

Directions:

From I-5 heading South: From I-5 heading North: Take exit 234 B Take exit 234 and turn Left Stay in Right lane onto Knox Butte Rd E Go under Freeway and get into the Right lane as soon as it connects up.

Then:

Turn Right at the light onto SE Albany Ave (first light) Turn Right at the T onto Salem Ave SE (Old Salem Hwy) Turn Left onto Knox Butte NE-At The Weed Man (directly after the first corner) Drive to end, and turn Right on Fir Street NE

Its a very short street, you can't miss the Vanagons. Park where you can. You may have to park on Knox Butte.

Those of you needing to spend the night can still stay at Willamette Park campground in Corvallis, or there is an RV campground a half mile away from my brothers house with electricity and WIFI (Knox Butte RV on Knox Butte Rd E) I am also going to check with the city on parking overnight at the dead end on Fir Street.

Important! *Please, please, please let me know if you are coming! I need to know how much food and drink to buy for Saturday nights BBQ!!! *If you are vegetarian, let me what you like to eat off the grill, or bring what you like. *If you have tools, bring them too please! There is some stripping my brother has not done yet. *If you have knowledge on the undercarriage, WE NEED YOU!!! :D *If you like to weld, WE NEED YOU!!! *If you want to see or participate in slicing up a couple of Vanagons, WE NEED YOU!!!! *AND if you love to watch VW Guys and Gals get dirty, WE NEED YOU TOO!!! :D

It should definately be a most interesting weekend! Come join in on the fun!!!!!!!! :D

-- Julianna Building a Stretch!!!!!!! www.jonnybottoms.com Silver 1990 VW Vanagon Westfalia with Tiico Conversion (The Rastafalia)