Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:02:17 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gas price war / costs of road trips

If we all think like that and just "adapt " then we'll never rid ourselves of dependence on wahhabi oil.

These prices are too high for those of us who can't afford airfare or lodging, so now I'm thinking of putting a Diesel back in my Vanagon (originally Diesel) and making my own fuel.

That's how high gas prices have affected me. I'm not only cutting out the lattes, but have gone back to Yuban as well.

It's time to reinvent the wood gas generator (German Mr Fusion of WW2) to power the Vanagon. That's what the Wehrmacht did when they got cut off from their supply of oil. It was a biomass reactor that produced methane to power military vehicles.

After all, we chose Vanagons because we could'nt afford to pay for 6 mpg.

My tankful was only 17-18 dollars in 1995.

Now it's almost $50.00 thanks to the sand people. The latest hike is due to Amminadab's telling the world we are'nt paying enough.

Robert

1982 Westfalia