Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Apr 2006 19:24:31 -0400
From:         Wil Haslup <whaslup@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ethanol most common E85?

Bostig Eng. wrote: > What formulation is most common? E85? It is looking like E85 is available > in some places, but ethanol anything is really uncommon in the boston area, > any insight/opinions appreciated.

This stuff is just moonshine with some gas thrown in so you can't drink it.

Because you can't drink it it isn't taxed as liquor so I'm wondering if we all couldn't just setup our own stills take the cheapest vegetable matter you can get to ferment and stick a solar furnace under the boiler.

Alternately, filtering used veggie oil and doing some chemistry in your barn can fill your fuel oil tank for winter (its inside and won't gel up without stabilizers or alterations to the fuel system like you might need in a vehicle).

"...come and listen to a story about a man named Jed, a poor mountainer barely kept his family fed and then one day he was shooten at some food and up through the ground came a bubbling crude...oil that is, black gold, Texas tea."

The variant is available to anyone with some space, hardware, info and will to work.

--

Wil

Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world. -- Lily Tomlin