Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:14:57 -0400
From:         Todd Olson <todd.olson@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Buses By the Beach - Raffle and Silent Auction Items Needed!

Hello, Fellow Bus Pilots:

We are one month away from the Fourth Annual Bus Benefit hosted by Buses By the Beach in Grand Rapids, MI May 19-21st. We have a couple of things to share with our bus friends in this email; raffle items, T-shirts, and Buses By the Beach pocket knives.

Item 1) We are sending out a call to our wonderful bus family for raffle and silent auction items to help us raise money for Burn Survivors!!! Anyone donating items of higher value can get a charitable giving receipt from the Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors.

Here is what we have so far:

1. Awesome VW Split Window bus painting going up for auction! Famed Michigan artist Stephano Owen Sutherlin (http://stephanostudios.com). He has graciously donated time and talent to create a one-of-a-kind rendering of a one-of-a-kind vehicle: the beloved VW Split Window Bus. Declared value is $900. This painting can be previewed online at: http://busesbythebeach.com/busprint.jpg The painting will be in a Silent Auction at Bus Benefit hosted by Buses By the Beach. (www.busesbythebeach.com) It is a VW Bus gathering at the Grand Rogue Campground in Belmont. Michigan. All proceeds from every Buses by the Beach event benefits our favorite charity, The Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors. (http://www.phoenix-society.org <http://www.phoenix-society.org/> ) Thank you goes to Stephano Owen Sutherlin for donating this item and Billy Hirt for making the arrangements.

2. Our Gold Level sponsor GoWesy.com sent us a ton of give away items like; GoWesty t-shirts, Westfalia logo stickers, Westfalia Pop-top decals, License Plate Frames, GoWesty Key Chains, and lots of copies of their latest catalog. Thank you to Taylor and Lucas of GoWesty for their financial contribution toward our cause and for the many wonderful items.

3. Really Cool Waffle Maker Iron with cans of Golden Carbon Waffle Mix. Thanks to Mark Kruezer who lined this one up.

4. CyberHome Progressive Scan CD/Mp3/DVD Player. Thank goes to Doug and Robin for donating this item.

5. Assorted VW hats, VW key chains, VW picture frames and Beetle Pins. A special thanks goes to Volkswagen of America for donating to our cause and to Pete for lining this up.

6. Hirt-N-Knife is donating several Buses By the Beach Knives. They have donated some in the past for the raffle and many people have inquired about buying one. There will be a few for purchase so contact Billy Hirt at 616-240-2839 or send and email to aiirdude@ameritech.net. The cost of each knife is $65.00 and a portion goes to The Phoenix Society. Order by May 7th. Knives will be made available at Bus Burn Benefit. If you want one and are unable to attend I am sure Billy could send it to you for the cost of shipping. For more info and pictures go to: http://busesbythebeach.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=talk <http://busesbythebeach.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=talk&action=display& thread=1146009509> &action=display&thread=1146009509

7. Very Nice Almost Custom Made For A Bus Center Console Catch-All. Finally, Drink Holder at your side while you drive a bus!! Thanks to Chris Owsianowski for donating this item.

I know there is a ton more stuff out there that you guys are planning on bringing to the event. If you have items to add please contact Pete O at pnocean@earthlink.net and let him know. I will be starting a thread on the Buses By the Beach Forum if you would like to list your item that you are going to donate for others to see. Go to: http://busesbythebeach.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=talk

Item 2) We are only five days away from the closing of the T-shirt pre-order. If you want a shirt that is smaller then adult medium or larger than adult XL then it is important to pre-order your shirt or you might be out of luck. The most common sizes of M, L, XL will be produced but we always sell out of the smaller and larger sizes because it is very difficult to forecast how many to make. Please take a moment to contact Brien Dews to place your shirt order. Check them out at:

http://busesbythebeach.com/bbtb06shirt.jpg

Shirts are $15 each and shipping is $5 per order. Payment can be by check, PayPal or phone in credit card to Brien Dews at 616-863-8463. If you use PayPal you can send payment to volksfolks@busesbythebeach.com and be sure to put in the notes your name, address, sizes, quantities and whether or not you want them shipped. Checks can be made out to All Good Time Clock Service and send them to:

Buses By the Beach T-Shirts

c/o All Good Time Clock Service

119-B Courtland St. N.E.

Rockford, MI 49341

We will stop taking orders for the shirts Monday May 1st at 5:00pm.

Thank you to everyone that has made this event so successful. The generosity of Volks Folks is total overwhelming!

We are counting the days...

The Volks Folks at Buses By the Beach

www.busesbythebeach.com <http://www.busesbythebeach.com/>

Bus Benefit! May 19th - 21st 2006 Grand Rapids, MI

Bus Bluegrass! June 1st - 4th 2006 Niles, MI

Bus Boo! September 15th - 17th 2006Grand Rapids, MI

Bus BRR! February 10th - 11th 2007 Angola, IN

For more information go to <file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\HP_Administrator\Application%20Data\M icrosoft\Signatures\www.busesbythebeach.com> www.busesbythebeach.com