Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:59:41 -0500
From:         Evan Martin <emartin@EWORLD3.NET>
Subject:      FWD: Re: Ethics & CarFax

I still don't understand why you think sharing a carfax account is outside the letter of the law. A car club- or a mailing list- is not a business.

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM> Reply-To: Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM> Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:59:13 -0400

Bruce you're probably right, but if we are talking about intelectual property I'd make a similar argument about ETKA and that doesn't stop me from using it. The whole purpose of this lists is enthusiasts helping each other. We have not gone so far as to group purchse a CarFax account for listee use.

Chris

P.S. I still need WV2YB0258HG018451 run for me... any takers?

On 4/26/06, Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have been meaning to start this thread for a very long time. I am reminded > of it whenever I see an inquire as to who has a current CarFax account. I > always say to myself that I'll wait until a few days have passed and I'll > post this note. Well, I keep forgetting. Let me be very clear here, I am NOT > attacking anyone personally, but rather questioning the behavior of the > list. > > Is it really ethical for any of us to put a CarFax request on the list? I > would suggest that it is not. > > The CarFax user agreement reads in part: > > "This 30 day Unlimited CARFAX Reports Plan is valid for 30 days from the > date the first report is run, and is intended for my personal use only. > Commercial use, resale and redistribution of CARFAX Reports is strictly > prohibited and may lead to deactivation of my account and the imposition of > additional charges for CARFAX Reports." > > > I could go on, but I don't think I could add more than the CarFax agreement > says. Just something to think about. > > I have absolutely no financial interest in the success or failure of CarFax > or any other similar services. > > Cheers, > Bruce > motorbruce > motorbruce@hotmail.com >

________________________________________________________________ Sent via the WebMail system at mail.eworld3.net