Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:16:53 -0700
From:         gary hradek <hradek@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Ethics & CarFax

Evan, Try to see the bigger picture here. I think what carfax really wants?? is to make money. What CarFax does not want to see is someone on the list selling carFax services and keeping the cash. Running CarFax for someone on the list is more like free advertising for CarFax as many list memebers like myself will actually pay for the service when we really need it. Evan there really are more important issues out there when it comes to ethics. Like tax breaks for oil companies, running without an o2 sensor.... regards gary Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:23:19 -0500 From: Evan Martin <emartin@EWORLD3.NET> Subject: Re: Ethics & CarFax

>Let's see, the agreement (that the CarFax purchaser agrees to >when >purchasing an account) clearly says that the account >is, "intended for my >personal use only."

Well, if you think the Vanagon list should be considered a public forum, that's fine with me. Because anyone who advertises more than three new or used vehicles a year on a public forum like the Vanagon list should have a vaild dealer's license, depending on state and local laws.

I mean, what's personal use? Vehicle titled and insured in your name? Immediate family? close friends,or just the next door neighbor?

I always thought th Vanagon list was a private organization.

>It goes on to say, "...redistribution of CARFAX Reports is >strictly >prohibited...."

I like that a little better- but I don't have carfax and you didn't say that that was also in the fine print when you started this whole deal.

regards-

Evan