Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:35:52 -0500
From:         Richard Green <rlgreen@INDUSTRYINET.COM>
Subject:      Re: just the (car)fax Fair Use Law?
Comments: To: Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@mac.com>

We bought a New 97 Passat TDI, A New Jetta GT my sons, which he totaled out , he then bought a 98 Golf GTI VR6, just like the drivers addition that was sold in 98. they had a very good sales man, Service manager, service tech and parts guy. The service manager left, sales man, techs, parts guy was still there. We later bought a 01 Golf TDI from someone else/

They did the "improved thing" too, make appointments. I almost got in a fight with the NEW service manager, the GM took his side we were just trying to get a power window fix or a least moved up into the closed position so rain didn't get in the car. It didn't matter that we had bought over $60, 000 in less than a year with them. We never went back. Warranty work was done else where. The dealership kept going down. They had to sell out. Went from a #1 rated service department to s&*t. There is a VW forum, that has a lot of Houston VW people on it and the complaints only got worse, Several of us VWONA ,they could not help because the dealerships were not owned by them. BS

GM doesn't do that, and I am sure others don't. Except Saturn and that's a whole other story.

Richard

Kim Brennan wrote: > It ain't Friday, but yes, I've read the whole contract....the first > time through. It's also a pleasure to work away from the big cities, > with rural lawyers. They have a whole lot less paper work, are a lot > more casual and trusting. The huge legalese is caused by one lawsuit > or another. Witness AOL. In the beginning they had a nice simple terms > of service. Then some folks got unhappy when the service was > unavailble for several hours. Lawsuit, settlement and a change in the > terms of service (where they now explicitly cover that they might not > be available all the time.) > > It's been stated that half the lawsuits in the US could be settled > before trial if the defendants would simply say "I'm sorry". Some > without any monetary awards too. > > To get back to a VW thread (if not Vanagon), yes, I used to take my > VWs to the local dealer for service. I paid a bit more, but they had > good mechanics and used the right parts. Then their service department > got "improved". Now I had to schedule appointments up to 2-3 weeks in > advance. Costs went up, parts weren't available. Repairs weren't done > right. The answer was simple. I stopped getting service done there. > The parts guys know me for the last 15 years (and some of them have > been there for 20-25 years). I don't know anybody in service anymore. > > > On Apr 27, 2006, at 8:35 AM, Richard Green wrote: > > need on a contract. > Has anyone read the whole contract on a credit card, house loan, bank > loan. Talk about legalese, you need a lawer to just tell you what all > means. > > >