Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:16:01 -0400
From:         Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: thermostat cover nipple
Comments: To: Edward Duntz <eduntz@HOTMAIL.COM>

You figured it out. It is an air bleed. Any air that could be in the engine floats up into the engine coolant rail that goes around the engine bay. That is the whole point of that rail. It allows the 2.1l to self bleed after a coolant change or loss. Just FYI.

Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 http://www.vanagain.com http://www.strictlyvwauctions.com http://www.eurovan.org http://www.vwcabrio.org Phone: (856)-327-4936 Fax: (856)-327-2242