Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:23:14 -0700
From:         Brian Tipsword <nobleman1962@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Hippie Effort to Market Pot ~ IFilm at 11:00  Fryeday sooo hey

"Hippie Effort to Market Pot" Film at 11:00!!

Hemp is not pot... Hemp is a much maligned material that makes the best natural fiber for rope, sail cloth & clothes. Hemp oil is amazing stuff, high in Omega fatty acids ( as an example: http://www.ratical.org/renewables/TherapHoil.html ) These are just two useful things that come to mind that we can't take advantage of because of a paranoid misconception (shades of "Reefer Madness" for those of us in the boomer age category).

Better check your demographics Robert... you will find a substantial amount of herb friendly folk are mid to upper class white collar people AND neo-cons espousing strong Christian values. (Ya better sit down for this one too... you've even met a bunch at some campouts we've both been to ~ AND I would bet my CV joints <cheap pun> that there were even some that went out of their way to help you in your time of need ~ wait GW even "used" to smoke the stuff)

So, pinning this on a very dated stereotype is not valid.

Personally, I don't use anything I can't buy at the store. I'm a career military man and since it's illegal and I'm subject to double jeopardy it isn't worth the risk. If it were legal I probably would.

Lastly, when was the last time you heard a news story "Pot crazed hippie’s rampage ~ 12 dead in Humboldt shooting spree". The same cannot be said for the legal drug (Alcohol). Give me a hungry stoner over a mean drunk any day!

Brian Not so closet short haired Libertarian/demi-hippie with Westfalia tendancies