Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:28:27 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      List hate mongers be gone!!!

In all the many years of belonging to this list, I have tried to help all comers. I have helped many members by private email, some came by my house for hands on help, some were helped at VW gatherings, but most were helped publicly here. I did not first ask what their political preferences were, what church they belonged to or avoided, whether they preferred dogs or cats, what adult beverages or other intoxicants they found acceptable or not, or........ It seems that now some more recent members think that other members personal and privately expressed views are rightly to be used as a basis to determine whether to help them or not. If that is the kind of list this is now to be, please let me know so I can henceforth only help those who agree with me about whatever is most bugging me lately. I would like to think that our common bonds as people and Vanagon owners were what mattered here most but if that has changed, let's make the change official. Then maybe we can break up into smaller lists of people who find enough agreement on totally unrelated matters to be willing to help each other out. Or, we could just keep private and non-Vanagon related issues for some other forum, where they may be actually appropriate. Like we mostly tried to before. There has been a creeping trend toward tossing political cheap shots into posts on various topics. This is list misconduct. You can't have it both ways. Either accept diversity or don't. I prefer to accept it on this list but to focus on what unites us, VANAGONS!! Sadly, that is becoming ever harder to do.

Mark