Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Apr 2006 00:11:41 -0700
From:         Julianna Thoennes <mumbrue@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Stretching Report, Day Three!
Comments: To: WetWesties <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          GoodOleVolksWest@yahoogroups.com

So, today went extremely well! Brian and Kraig showed up at Steves house around ten, and we stripped out the dash and steering out of Blue. The guys then got to work cutting the rear of Goldie into pieces easier to transport. There are some great lower side rear panels, with no rust if anyone is interested for free. Kraig (Slack) brought his sawzall too, so both he and Brian had a sawing fest, and cut the front off of Blue. These two together are hilarious I have to say!!!!!!! I couldn't stop laughing! We then needed to move all parts and pieces to the front of the driveway for later disposal. Steve stuck a bar of steel in the shifting hole, and had me sitting on it for leverage! Brian and Kraig steered the front half down the side past Goldie, and out front. This was entirely too scary and comical for words! You will just have to wait to see the pictures! Yikes! LOL! Hopefully they will be online soon! We then moved Blue forward, and Goldie back, so there is only about 2 feet separating them at this time. Its totally amazing to see them come together!!! A glimpse of the future in sight!!!

There is only a bit of finish work to saw off, and then we put them together! I am going to post again to see if there is anyone available to help on the 6th and 7th, but wanted to mention it here also. Please reply to the other post if you want to come down and help, or just want to see the Stretch actually come physically together! Its been quite the process!!!!!

Thank you all!!!!!! Its been so amazing to make this all work! Its really like having a dream come true!!!

-- Julianna www.jonnybottoms.com Silver 1990 VW Vanagon Westfalia with Tiico Conversion (The Rastafalia)