Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 May 2006 14:15:46 -0500
From:         Charles Clement <cclement@TFS.TAMU.EDU>
Subject:      FS 91 Westfalia "Fritz" - $12,000

Hi,

We have a 91 Vanagon GL Westfalia for sale. I've got it posted on the samba right now but wanted to offer it up the list as well. So here is the scoop:

Motor is stock 2.1L Runs VERY strong and doesn't leak any fluids (149,950 miles) Stock 3 speed auto trans. Interior is in very good condition All glass in perfect shape New brakes New vacuum lines and hoses

Alloy wheels, OEM ground-effects kit, awning, p/st., p/b, A/C (needs charge), pop-up top, sink, stove, frig., and more. Driven summers only and has never been in a salt winter.

VIN#: WV2ZB0251MG006799

$12,000.00

We are the third owners. The original owner, from 1991 to 2000, was a woman school teacher who lived in the Florida Keys. Mike Green was the second owner from 2000 to 2002; he owned the vehicle in Key West, FL. We purchased the vehicle from him in 2002 and live in Diboll, TX.

The Green family named the van "Fritz" due to its German heritage.

We are selling because our family needs something more accommodating.

The paint is in excellent condition. The engine and transmission are original, never rebuilt. We have the mechanical history - all repairs were made with OEM parts. We have receipts from all owners for all repairs.

On a 1-10 scale

paint/body - 9 (one small ding on rear hatch/door, no chipping, rust on passenger "triangle" window frame)

mechanicals - 9 Drives great, runs smooth (main actuator for door locks needs replacing, as does the motor for driver's power window, A/C needs to be updated to non-Freon + belts for A/C system). Catalytic converter was replaced (2002), muffler replaced (2004).

interior - 10 (we do not have the tables nor the carpet that goes in the rear quarters. We do have all curtains and screens, no tears or rips in canopy for pop-up - small patch in pop-up screen (2x2).

Engine/trans rebuilt? - The engine and transmission are original, never rebuilt. Runs beautifully

brakes, etc. - Brakes have been replaced (5,000 miles). Tires have 10,000 miles (Michelin LTX).

Pictures are available upon request. Please call for answers to your questions. Thank you for your interest. Sincerely,

Susan Eckelman Clement

91 Vanagon Westi "Fritz"

Diboll, TX (936) 829-5400 cclement@tfs.tamu.edu