Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 May 2006 19:37:08 -0700
From:         Ed Wiebe <wiebeis@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Window tinting

I started window tinting on my 90 Westy. This was my first attempt at it, so naturally I read up all about it in the archives. It's all good useful information but... I used metallic film with 20% light allowed through. I find that still quite light and want to go to 5% film. Any comments pro or con from members who have done this? I ran into a problem trying to put the film on the sliding glass windows. Is it possible to get the film to cover the whole glass including the part that goes past the fuzzy weather-strip? Is there an easy way to take the glass out of it's track? Does the fuzzy strip tend to peel the tint film? There is a lot of information about how to deal with the side window behind the closet. I will decide whether to remove the closet (I don't haveAC) or remove the window or have my wife reach into that cramped space. This project now is on hold for about 3 weeks and advice from the experts would be appreciated.

Ed Wiebe

1990 Westfalia