Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 May 2006 19:15:26 -0700
From:         Jeffrey Vickers <jeff@VICKERSDESIGN.COM>
Subject:      Delta Deep Six the lot

Why bother with ANY of them?

---Disconnected my city water hookup (besides being a potential leak source, I pray to God I never have to stay in a trailer park long enough to warrant its use)

---Disconnected the water filler (another leak source, a really hard to find replacement hose and you can't see the water level when you're filling the tank. And what's with that key? Should I be worried about rogue Mossad agents poisoning my water tank just for fun?)

---Planning on disconnecting 110V and moving to inside or underside (again--never at a trailer park that long and for topping up my batteries when in my garage I'll just run the cord through the window.)

Don't even get me started on how cheesy the Delta Six boxes are. The plastic they use on those things would make a Trabant engineer blush. $155 for the set at GoWesty? I don't think so!

Anyway, I'd like to find a secure and attractive way to seal those openings without having to do any bodywork. Marine stores have these great deck ports that have a big old screw down cover but they are round not square. What I like about them most is that they are nearly flush with the surface they mount to.

Anyone attempted to cork those openings?

Jeff 87 Syncro Westy