Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 May 2006 08:12:23 -0700
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel pumps
Comments: To: Niall Mac Caughey <nmacc@yahoo.com>

Niall, I'm quite certain that the anagon pump puts out ~70 psi. The regulator steps it down to something like 35 psi for the injectors and the rest is returned to the tank, but the high pressure keeps the volume up. I don't have Bentley handy, but I think those values are in the ballpark.

Jake

On 5/12/06, Niall Mac Caughey <nmacc@yahoo.com> wrote: > > Hi folks, > > Fraid I'm beseiging the list today, but I just got the answer to my fuel > pump question. Thanks for your mail Joe, but that's not stricly true, at > least here in Europe. The MkII Golf and Jetta models had a lift pump in the > tank and a combined pump and accumulator, but the MkI had an in-line pump > with conventional push-on hose fittings and a separate accumulator. This > pump was also used in the Cabriolet, as I had one in my 84 and a similar > pump was used in some Audis and Mercedes. > > The real problem does seem to be the pressures. The Golf pumps > described above were for the mechanical K-Jetronic system and produced 6.5bar to operate the fuel distributor. The Digijet/Digifant systems operate > at 1.1 bar. A Golf pump would bust the plumbing on a > Vanagon. Unfortunately prices are down to demand; my FLAPS lists the Golf > pumps at E145 and has them in stock. The Vanagon pumps are on special order > from Germany and cost E242. > > Regards, > > Niall >

-- Jake 1984 Vanagon GL 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie" www.crescentbeachguitar.com