Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 May 2006 23:27:32 -0400
From:         Todd Olson <todd.olson@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Bus Benefit! Buses By the Beach May 19-21 Itinerary

Hello Fellow Volks Folks,

We are only one week away from the fourth annual "Bus Benefit!" hosted by Buses By the Beach.com and Sponsored by GoWesty.com! We will be meeting in Grand Rapids, MI May 19, 20, & 21. This event is our main fund raiser for Burn Survivors. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone and it looks like we are going to have another great turn out again this year of Bus Pilots from all over the US and Canada!

We also have good news to report. This week we have been made an officially licensed Volkswagen Organization by Volkswagen of America. Thanks VWoA! This means they believe in what we are doing and have given us the ability to use their trademarked names and logos for our non-profit purposes.

If you have not made your reservations yet please do so by calling 616-361-1053 and let tell them you are with the Buses Group. This is important so we can plan enough space for everyone. For directions and other information about the campground please go to: http://www.michcampgrounds.com/grandrogue/

The itinerary for this weekends events are as follows:

Friday May 19, 2006

* 2 p.m. till ?????

* Check in at Grand Rogue Campground

* Campfire and Conversation. Greet old friends and welcome new ones. Hang out with fellow bus pilots enjoying the day and each others company.

Saturday May 20, 2006

* 8:30 a.m. Line up for carabus to Burn Survivor Car Show (Yes, we know it's early, but it's worth it and it's for a great cause!) http://www.burnsurvivorcarshow.com/ This is a huge car show and last year had over 600 cars. Don't worry if you do not have a show quality vehicle. Most of us don't. We just come as we are and have a great time. Warts and all! * 8:45 a.m. Leave for Car Show. The Plainfield Fire Department and local Law Enforcement will be escorting us Presidential Motorcade style. They will lead us 6 miles from the campground to the car show down West River Drive. This is always a ton of fun! * 9:00 a.m. Arrive and set up at car show. There will be monster truck rides, a giant auction with tons of donated merchandise, and hopefully we will reclaim the award for best club participation. (even though we are not a club, clubs are boring and have too many politics) * 3:00 p.m. Head back to the Grand Rogue Campground to relax and enjoy the afternoon. This would be a good time for those wanting to go on a canoe trip or bike ride to go. There is a canoe livery at the campground and a great bike trail within in a couple of miles. There is also some great mountain bike trails nearby. * 6:00 p.m. Raffle! Everyone's favorite raffle Captain Pete O takes the stage with a plethora of donated VW related prizes and goodies. * 7:00 p.m. to ???? Fireside Jam! This year we welcome Steve VanWyk and Eric Hollebeek from Blue Country for some fireside Bluegrass Jamin'! If you play an instrument, please feel free to bring it and join in. Please don't be intimated by your skill level. We always say, "It's not about sounding good, just feeling good!"

Sunday May 21, 2006

* 7 a.m. Caravan to MVVC Show in Ypsilanti MI for those interested * 8 a.m. Breakfast Buses By the Beach Style! Sunday morning wake up and eat. We will have pancakes, eggs and breakfast burritos. Come and enjoy, all is welcome. * For those sticking around Sunday is a time to just hang out with friends and enjoy the day and each others company.

Alcohol is permitted at the campground but obnoxious drunks are not. We have never had to ask anyone to leave because of their behavior and judging by the good people that come to Buses By the Beach events I am sure it will always stay that way. Tom Briggs at Grandrogue Campground has always been such a wonderful host and we do not want to do anything that would wear out our welcome with him.

We look forward to seeing old friends again and meeting new ones. If this is you first time coming to a Buses By the Beach event and would like to ask some questions please feel free to visit our message board at: http://busesbythebeach.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=talk

Wishing you many miles of smiles in your bus!

The Volks Folks at Buses By the Beach.com

www.busesbythebeach.com <http://www.busesbythebeach.com/>

Coming Events:

Bus Benefit! May 19th - 21st 2006 Grand Rapids, MI

Bus Bluegrass! June 1st - 4th 2006 Niles, MI

Bus Boo! September 15th - 17th 2006Grand Rapids, MI

Bus BRR! February 10th - 11th 2007 Angola, IN

For more information go to <file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\HP_Administrator\Application%20Data\M icrosoft\Signatures\www.busesbythebeach.com> www.busesbythebeach.com