Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 May 2006 09:59:41 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Need sale prices for appraisal of '86 Syncro Westy
Comments: To: Larry Johnson <larrynavery@GMAIL.COM>

Guys and Gals,

Related to this is the fact that my bank recently appraised my 88 GL at over 5 grand. Banks are pretty conservative, so it makes me wonder about our vans rising value as they become more scarce with the passage of time. My van is 1-1/2 years short of being 20 years old, is near 200 K on the body (60 K on a new engine) and it is worth more now than it was 5 years ago.

Given all that, I think the concept of compiled data on vehicle worth for The List would be a very worthwhile thing.

My $0.02.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver of a vehicle that is suddenly peeing red stuff all over the place back there. It's something all the time.... gotta love'em!!

Larry Johnson wrote: > This Friday I'm having my '86 Syncro Westfalia appraised for my insurance > coverage. The appraiser admits that there is very limited information for > him to work on and would like any input I can provide. I've scanned the > Classifieds on http://www.thesamba.com but that is not as good as real > prices that the vans sell for. > > Would anyone who has bought or sold a '86 Syncro Westfalia in North > America, > please p-mail me the price that it went for, when it sold and what in > state > or province. Even later year vans would provide the appraiser with > something > to work on. > > I'm trying to get the highest appraised value that I can justify. > > Thanks for your help. > Larry > mailto:larrynavery@gmail.com <larrynavery@gmail.com> > >