Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 May 2006 15:08:26 -0700
From:         AATransaxle <daryl@AATRANSAXLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: sudden clutch failures
Comments: To: mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>

I second Marks comment on Clutch cross shafts..I regrind/resurface the stock shafts during my trans rebuilds and if I ever see a gold colored one...I toss it..The metal is way too soft and wears 6 times as fast as the factory stuff...Newer is not always better..

----- Original Message ----- From: "mark drillock" <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:29 AM Subject: sudden clutch failures