Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 May 2006 20:37:12 -0700
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: different fuel filter #s for 83.5 Vanagon
Comments: To: Larry Alofs <lalofs@rcn.com>

Easy to do, and I think its a great idea.

I don't like to think of the pump having to chew on the sandy bits or rust flakes, so I added a pre-filter to my '86. Not to mention the small filter is peanuts compared to the big pressurised can.

Jake

On 5/17/06, Larry Alofs <lalofs@rcn.com> wrote: > > Can someone tell me if I can easily add one of these filters before the > pump on my '91? > Are the inlet and outlet sizes the same and likely the same as the hose > from the tank? > And/or tell me if this is a good idea. > Thanks, > > Larry A. > > > John Lauterbach wrote: > > > Jeff, my van was built 2/84. The only fuel filter is the square one > > between > > the tank and the pump. I get replacement ones from the list vendors. I > > just tell them that I have an '84 with the 1.9L engine, and they take > > care > > of the rest. > > > > John > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Jeff Oxroad" <Oxroad@AOL.COM> > > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > > Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:35 PM > > Subject: different fuel filter #s for 83.5 Vanagon > > > > > >> Does anyone know the difference in the in-line fuel filter both > >> listed for > >> the 83.5 watercooled Vanagon? > >> > >> The one in the bus now is a square plastic filter just before the the > >> fuel > >> pump. (The 83.5 does not have a metal filter after the pump like the > >> 84-85.) > >> > >> ETKA shows 2 filters: > >> > >> 1HO 201 511-A > >> 133 133 511 > >> > >> And there doesn't seem to be any distinction listed. Will they both > >> work, > >> or > >> are they for two different set ups? > >> > >> Thanks > >> Jeff > >> 83.5 Westy > >> LA,CA > >> > > >

-- Jake 1984 Vanagon GL 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie" www.crescentbeachguitar.com