Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 May 2006 14:12:18 -0800
From:         Mark Tuovinen <mst@AK.NET>
Subject:      Re: VW warranty? (NVC)
Comments: To: Jeff Palmer <jpalmer@MTS.NET>

Jeff,

You may have your vehicle serviced where ever you choose or even do it yourself. You need to keep records to prove that it has been done, either from the shop that performed the work or at least showing the purchase of the necessary parts if you do your own maintenance. A maintenance log is a good idea to keep as well, especially if you do your own work. The manufacturer can not require you to have servicing done at a dealership but technically they could deny a warranty claim if you are unable to provide documentation that maintenance has been done and the lack of it caused the failure. How tight they are on this varies from manufacturer to manfacturer and even between their District Service Representatives. Some will never ask for proof of service others want it written in your own blood. Drive your vehicle sensibly, log your services and keep your receipts and you will be fine. The only claims that I ever see denied, mind you this is on Hondas or Acuras these days, are from people that thrashed their cars racing, driving hard, etc. Like the guy who says "no I did not over rev the engine in my RSX-S" while the onboard computer shows over 10,000rpm in the history. Rev limiters don't work on down shifts and 3,000rpm over redline is a bit much , it does make for nice view ports in the side of the block though.:-)

Mark in AK Assistant Parts Manager Continental Honda & Acura former Warranty Administrator for Mitsubishi, Saab & Peugot also served time with Ford, Lincoln Mercury and Datsun/Nissan

----- Original Message ----- From: Jeff Palmer <jpalmer@MTS.NET> Date: Thursday, May 18, 2006 1:30 pm Subject: VW warranty? (NVC) To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM