Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 May 2006 12:40:19 -0700
From:         Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Front Brake Hoses - SA Big Brake Kit

Howdy All,

I am in the process of installing a South Africa Big Brake Kit on my '87 GL. I purchased the kit through the big group buy a few years back (Hey, I've been busy. I didn't have a chance to get to it until now. Well.......uh, maybe I was just exceptionally lazy.). The fact that I purchased it during the group buy could be an important factor.

In the box of Big Brake parts that I've been carting around for all these years, I had a pair of stainless steel braided brake hoses for the front of the van. I honestly don't remember if these came with the kit or if I purchased them separately. Help me out here.

Anyhow, I'm trying to figure out how to properly (read "safely") attach these hoses at the bracket on the body that holds the union of the brake hose and the hard brake line. In this particular installation it has been problematic because the hoses have adaptors on either end. These adaptors don't neatly attach to the bracket on the body that holds the hose at this connection.

The adaptor is too large to fit into the bracket, while the end of the hose is too small to be secured by the bracket.

Did I purchase these stainless steel braided hoses separately, or did they come in the kits purchased through the group buy? If they were part of the kits in the group buy, how did other folks address this situation?

If the kits did not come with the stainless steel braided hoses, has anyone else that purchased such hoses installed them on their Vanagons yet? If so, how did you cope with the situation I have described?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Cheers, Bruce motorbruce motorbruce@hotmail.com