Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 May 2006 21:12:07 -0700
From:         Mark Drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Speedometer Ok -Odometer and trip meter dead!?
Comments: To: John Bange <jbange@GMAIL.COM>

You are right and this has been explained several times on this list over the years. Some people still believe the myth about not pushing the odometer reset while you are driving. I'm sure many people still believed the Earth was flat long after it was demonstrated to be round, rotating, and orbiting the sun to boot.

It is also possible that very early speedos had a different internal setup and thus the myth was founded on fact but carried forward to falsehood.

Mark