Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 20 May 2006 07:09:50 -0400
From:         David Gunning <davidgunning@PIVOT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Injector Color Codes
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>

Not sure of the significance of injector color differences, but when the 1.9L was rebuilt the original yellow colored injectors were replaced with new green colored injectors from "Fast German Auto" in L.A. Maybe it's a batch color difference or a merely a California fashion statement kinda thing. (Those west-coasters Californians can be such fashion trend setters.) I do not believe, however, that I was able to detect any other difference in the injectors aside from their color. They appeared otherwise to be exactly the same, externally, not that that necessitates that they maintain the same funtional specs from one color to the other.

Incidentally, if memory serves reasonably correct, I believe I may have read somewhere that the originals can be refurbished by a company for more than less than half the cost of the replacement cost of new injectors. Have no way of knowing, moreover, that in doing so if the color remains the same or changes in the process.

Maybe fire "Fast German Auto" an e-mail for a more possible specific detailed explanation.

Best of luck,

Dave

davidgunning@pivot.net

----- Original Message ----- From: "Loren Busch" <starwagen@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2006 1:28 AM Subject: Injector Color Codes

Let's try again. Earlier I posted to vanagon.com asking for info on the various color codes that might be encountered on fuel injectors for a WBX. I asked because I've ended up with two sets of injectors, one with the plastic part where the wires attach that is yellow, the other set blue. And when I look at online vendors pages I see (assuming the picture is correct) either blue or green. Now, it there a difference based on the color? I'm making the assumption that Bosch would use distinct colors on such a product only to delineate differences. In addition, in a recent post (or link provided by someone) a mention was made referring to the color of the injectors, I believe saying 'gold' was correct. Try as I might, I can't find that post or reference, but the reference to color was made causally anyway, no details. So, can anyone answer the question. Do the colors mean anything and if so what? And which is correct for the Vanagon 2.1L WBX?