Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 May 2006 09:21:47 -0300
From:         Tom Rowsell <sakow86@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: trailer wiring

A few years back, when those adapters were more expensive, I elected to just add 2 "99 cent" beehive amber lights to the trailer, and run 2 extra wires...problem solved for under $5 :)

Tom

On 5/14/06, Ray Hill <micholetti@knology.net> wrote: > > I have watched this thread and it finally go to the point that I wanted it > to get to. The point being that it is foolish to do something that only > invites a traffic stop and vehicle "search". At the very least you are > subject to ticket for defective equipment. At worst case you will have > unknown amount of liability to any possible supposed injury in a traffic > accident you may cause by knowingly so operating your vehicle with > defective > equipment. I would far rather spend $15.00 for an adapter than run the > risk > of both potential liability in this time of litigation. > You will also note, that I said I was a "FORMER" deputy sheriff. The > reasons > for the former status has precisely to do with the issues involved. > Ray > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of > chris > Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2006 6:28 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: trailer wiring > > I guess it isn't scary if they are using it as a means to search for other > mechanical issues, but im guessing that its 9/10 used as an excuse to > search > for something more related to the profiling of the person being pulled > over > and 100% unrelated to not having proper trailer signals connected. (which > is > a stupid thing to do) > > > Ray Hill wrote: > > Why is that scary? To me, scary is someone who would intentionally > > drive a vehicle pulling a trailer that has no turn signals. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > Chris > '81 (AC) Vanagon Westfalia 'Rocky' > nor*cal > > frontleftspeakerposse.com >