Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 May 2006 11:14:52 -0500
From:         Richard Green <rlgreen@INDUSTRYINET.COM>
Subject:      [Fwd: [T3] Schaffner Motors Closing 15 June]
Comments: To: vanagon@yahoogroups.com, Syncro@yahoogroups.com

This is from the Type 3 list I am on. Vanagon Parts too. Richard

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: [T3] Schaffner Motors Closing 15 June Resent-Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 17:18:15 -0700 (PDT) Resent-From: type3@vwtype3.org Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 20:18:04 -0400 From: Kevin Guarnotta <kguarnotta@usa.net> Reply-To: <kguarnotta@usa.net> To: <type3@vwtype3.org>

I don't know much about this place, but I think it has a pretty good rep, and they are going out of business. Supposedly he threw out a bunch of T3 Glass..might still be able to get it, if you live near by.

Here is the email I got on my T2 list. I live on the other side of the country, otherwise I would check it out myself. Again, I do not know anything more than what is in the following text...

-Kevin

Sad news for the VW Community in the North West. > > After 34 years of serving the VW community from their Lynnwood WA. > location, Schaffner Motors is closing as of 15 June 2006. Schaffer's > has been well known for their honest and competent service, the full > restorations on VW's, and as a source of used parts for the vintage VW community. > > Rudi Schaffner asked me to send this notice to all the various VW > lists I'm on. He emphasized that he wants to express his deep thanks > to all his loyal customers from over the years and make it clear he > will still be selling vintage parts from has large stock but over the > Internet, not from the Lynnwood location. > > > > The good news is that he really, really needs to get rid of the 'Big Stuff'. > This is body panels, doors, hatches, suspension parts, all the stuff > that is too big (and to many) to move to the smaller location that > will be used to continue to sell over the Internet. Although mostly > Bug and Bus parts, there is also a supply of Vanagon body panels, interior door panels, etc. Also > wheels including two full sets of factory alloys. Some Vanagon seats, > including a gray Vanagon center seat. A set of cabinets from an '80 Westy. > I didn't try to write down everything that Rudi has there. BUT the > prices will be very right, he doesn't want to ship this stuff off to > the crusher. He handed me a big stack of aluminum curtain rails > (mostly from Bus based > campers) and said "Pass them along to anyone that can use them". > > > > Also available is a whole shop full of tolls and equipment. I don't > have a list of what machinery and tools are available, but if you do > your own work and are looking for VW specific tools or shop machinery > now is an opportunity to maybe acquire some equipment that you know is > in running order and ready to go. > > > > So, if you are in the process of a restoration, or need to replace a > door or hatch or body panel or are looking for anything that you might > need in the future (and don't want to pay shipping from somewhere else > in the country) then I suggest you contact Rudi and find out if he has > what you need. The prices on the 'Big' stuff will be very good. The > shop is open during the week, closed on the weekends. It is probably > worth the trip if you are within a reasonable distance to drive to the > shop and bone yard and have Rudi show you what he has. I counted about > 40 Bugs sitting there right now and then there are all the parts stored and ready to go. > > He can be reached at 425-778-6900 or email at schaffner.motors@verizon.net . > The address is 21705 Hwy 99, Lynnwood, WA. 98036. Take the 220th exit > from I-5, head West to Hwy 99, turn North, immediately on your right.