Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 May 2006 14:40:22 -0400
From:         Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Seized Engine?

I have to say that I like the way this list is moderated.One is warned in the home page somewhere (If I remember) , in an area frequently read before using the list, that it is a dog eat dog world here(isnt it most places?). I like it like that way. I would lobby hard to keep it that way. We rule crazy gringos can always make more rules , if we want to.We loose something each time we do that.

If you dont like what is being said , move on.You dont have to read all the postings, and they dont have to agree with your position,nor your's, their's.I get shot down in public all the time, and I dont really care.I could shoot others down just as many times, but I dont.If there is safty at issue, I might send a private email and let whatever, go at that. Dont want others to get hurt.

Looking for those 4 letter words that simple minded folks use, is all that is necessary.That and any threatening posts.Thats all the goverment does in the FCC for radio and TV broadcasting. Cant use about 7 certin words.If you do you get fined.In the vanagon list, if you send threatening messages or use those words , you do get fined by suspension,right? Good enough.

These exceptions aside, do you really want censorship? Thats exactly what your gonna get. One step at a time. Tom Carrington does a fine, unthanked job. Keep it up Tom.

Now, if someone wants to clean up a forum, go to the yahoo mechanical engineering forum. I think only 1 posting in 3 month has been engineering related. The rest would offend most folks.That one posted question was mine.I believe I interupted a sex and dating forum with a mechanical engineering question.My pardon to them.I would only go back there if I could only find the info I needed at that site.Im still a member, and get all the postings.I stay a member, with this forum, and other forums, as a kind of payment for the help I get. To increase membership.

We need to be thankful for what we have here on this list. It is very good.I for one,dont want censorship or screening more that what we have.Im sure Tom gets flack all the time,for "doin nothin".I just dont know what kind of vanagon world it would be here, if he didnt do business as he does.

Thank you all so much,

Roger Sisler