Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 May 2006 09:11:32 -0400
From:         David Gunning <davidgunning@PIVOT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Right Rear Wheel Growl 85-1.9L
Comments: To: dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET

Thanks for the insight, Dennis. As far as what consitutes a "growl", as opposed to some other kinda noise, I suppose, is kinda like trying to decide what's really artful music as opposed to merely an interesting assortment of random noises. What I may call a growl may be termed by some other person as a wolf's crooning at the moon, which may help explain the "Wolf'sburg Edition" designated monicker, for all I know.

If art truly is in the eye of the beholder, then musical "Art", as Paul Simon is reportedly to have quiped, is truly in the ear of the beholder, not in the name on the record jacket album cover. Not sure if he was politely saying to stick it in my ear, or what.

I rest my case.

Dave

davidgunning@pivot.net

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Haynes" <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 8:03 AM Subject: Re: Right Rear Wheel Growl 85-1.9L